Wednesday, October 4, 2017

"Plane Trees" ~ Honorable Mention


This painting was from a photo that I took at Lake Constance in Germany.  The title was quite a topic of discussion.  Did I mean that the trees were plain and I spelled it incorrectly or was it a type of tree or what did the title mean? Here is the definition of  Plane Trees.  
"These large trees are native in North America, eastern Europe, and Asia and are characterized by scaling bark; large, deciduous, usually palmately lobed leaves; and globose heads of flower and seed. The plane trees bear flowers of both sexes on the same tree but in different clusters." 
So there you have it.  I've seen these trees all over Europe and I think they are beautiful.
See this painting at the Guild of Charlotte Artists Fall Show at Novant Hospital in Matthews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels