Sunday, July 10, 2016

Abstract Marsh


"Abstract Marsh "
18" x 24"
mixed media on canvas
$525
I was in a painting slump for a few months.  I couldn't get inspired even though I was still plein air painting once a week.  I had some beautiful beach and marsh photos that I took in South Carolina in February and painted a couple of nice paintings from them.  After that I couldn't get motivated.  I went back to Pawley's Island in June and had a wonderful time painting on the Causeway.  It was so peaceful and beautiful.  After I that I was rejuvenated from the short trip to the beach.  I have been painting like crazy ever since.  I had this abstract painting that was unfinished.  I started with alcohol ink and poured it all over the canvas than I painted it with clear gesso.  I then painted it was oil paint.  I didn't finish it.  I finished it today with a lots more oil paint which was applied with palette knives.  It is bright and I think beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels