Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"Golden Aspens" won first place

"Golden Aspens"
24" x 24"
$500
This painting can be seen at McDowell Art Center, 100 E. McDowell St., Matthews, NC all through February.
I entered "Golden Aspens" in the Winter Guild of Charlotte Artists show and it won first place. This painting come from a photo that I took while traveling through Wyoming last Fall.  I try to paint what I feel when I see a beautiful landscape.  The judge's words describe what I was hoping people would see in this painting.

Judge:  Siu Challons-Lipton 

"The verisimilitude of this landscape painting is suggested in the golden leaves against purple grey trunks.  The textured brush expresses a sense of place that is felt as much as it is seen.  The experience of the piece moves from an optical one to a feeling for light, color, leaves, and place."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels