Monday, July 17, 2017


''The TWA Flight Center or Trans World Flight Center, opened in 1962 as the original terminal designed by Eero Saarinen for Trans World Airlines at New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport. ''

On my flight to Germany three weeks ago I was excited to go in and out of Kennedy to see the TWA terminal.  TWA was bought by American Airlines in 2001 and the terminal was closed and saved as a National landmark.  The terminal will have a hotel built beside it and the TWA terminal will be preserved.  I was lucky enough to be based in New York when I worked for TWA.  This beautiful terminal was in many movies and commercials.  I flew at a time when celebrities flew commercial airlines.  I'm glad this icon is being saved for the future generations to explore and be reminded of the glamour days of flying.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels