Thursday, August 30, 2018

Calm Water


"Calm Water"
8" x 10"
Oil
For Sale at Matthews Alive
McDowell Art Center
123 W. McDowell St., Matthews

At the beginning of August, I was on vacation with my husband in  Glacier National Park for some breathtaking hiking and views.  Then a large family reunion in Kimberley, BC, a mere 160 relatives.  After that a smaller family reunion at Heffley Lake near Kamloops, BC.  My sister-in-law and I have a fondness for the green boar above.  The old worn out boat looked beautiful to me but it was a little bit stuck under the  dock to get a good photo of it.  My sister-in-law and I decided to move the boat out so I could draw it and take many photos of it.  Of course, as I was unhooking what I thought was the boat, I really unhooked the dock.  After much laughting and pulling the boat around, I waded into the water to reattach the dock.  There were also a couple of other boats to go around to get our subject into just the right place to be photographed.
Above is the first of a series of boats that I'm going to paint from that adventure in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels