Monday, April 6, 2020

Park Memories


"Park Memories"
30" x 40" 
Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
$850


I reworked this painting to give it more color and interest.  I also renamed this painting from "Winter Trees" to "Park Memories".  This park is one of my plein air group"s  favorite places to paint.  January and February we all painted this lake because there is always many views to paint.  I actually flipped this photograph of Col. Beatty Park in Matthews.  I thought it would be fun to look at it from another angle.  The last time we painted together was March 10 at Hunter Farm.  Now painting outdoors with other painters is just a fond memory.  We didn't know that would be our last time together for awhile.  This painting is more meaningful than ever.  This particular painting was painted from a photograph but I had already painted many plein air studies of it.  I hope you enjoy this breath of fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels